Hello! I'm the editor of this website.
Even though our content is verified by doctors, psychologists, and experts from different disciplines, it can never substitute personalized advice from your doctor or counselor.
It can be tricky to keep breast pads in place at night, especially if you are a restless sleeper.
It can also be a real challenge because you don’t want to wake up with damp sheets!
Luckily, we’ll share tips on keeping breast pads in place at night.
How to keep breast pads in place at night?
1. Use adhesive breast pads. This breast pad has a sticky backing and will stay in place even if you move around a lot in your sleep.
2. Use a nursing bra. A nursing bra will help keep your breast pads in place and support your breasts.
Some mums swear by using sports bras at night too.
If you’re uncomfortable wearing a nursing bra at night, you can try using a regular bra and inserting breast pads into the pockets.
3. Use silicone pads. Silicone pads are another great option for keeping breast pads in place.
They are made of soft, 100% medical grade, and pliable silicone that will maintain gentle pressure on nipples and adhere to your skin.
They create a suction effect and will stay put even if you move around a lot.
4. Try a double-sided tape. You can use medical or fashion tape to keep your breast pads in place.
Simply attach the tape to the breast pad and then to your skin. It will keep the breast pad in place even if you move around a lot in your sleep.
However, test the tape on a small area of your skin first to ensure you’re not allergic to it.
There can be skin types where a little adhesive may cause irritation.
5. Use a nursing tank top. A nursing tank top has built-in breast support and will keep your breast pads in place even if you move around a lot during the night. It is an excellent option to avoid wearing a bra at night.
6. Soak a cotton ball. Soak a cotton ball in water and then place it over your nipple before putting your breast pad on. The moisture may help to keep the breast pad in place.
7. Set an alarm. If you tend to sleep through the night, set the alarm to remind you to pump so that your breasts don’t become engorged. It will keep your breast pads from getting full and reduce the leaks.
There are several ways to keep breast pads in place at night. You can use adhesive breast pads, a nursing bra, a nursing tank top, or even double-sided tape.
Experiment with different methods to see what works best for you and your lifestyle.
Leakage is inevitable when breastfeeding, but it doesn’t have to be a constant battle.
With a bit of preparation for using suitable breast pads and a few techniques to keep them in place, you can minimize the leaks and ensure your breast pads stay in place all night long!
Have a good night’s sleep!