Can you eat kinder Bueno with braces? This is the question that everyone with braces on their teeth might ask.
Braces require rigorous aftercare measures, and you are right to patiently consider what to eat and what not to eat during the period to maintain a healthy set of teeth.
Can you eat Kinder Bueno with braces?
Yes, you can eat Kinder Bueno with braces but be sure to brush your teeth properly afterward. This is because the crunchy bits will most definitely get stuck between your brace’s brackets and wire.
Tips to keep your braces clean after eating Kinder Bueno
Because the brackets and wires trap Kinder particles and form a ledge around the exterior of the teeth that makes them more difficult to clean, braces increase the probability of plaque accumulation. Plaque may discolor and erode tooth enamel. Follow these guidelines to maintain healthy teeth.
- Utilize a gentle brush. It is necessary to clean the upper portion of your teeth between your brackets and gums. To effectively clean the enamel, the toothbrush’s bristles must touch the gums. Choose a toothbrush with softer bristles to prevent irritating the gums, and brush them at an angle to remove Kinder particles.
- Brush following every meal. The wires of braces trap Kinder Bueno particles, and frequent brushing helps prevent plaque. We advise bringing a travel toothbrush. If none is available, rinse your teeth for 30 seconds with water. An exception is cleaning your teeth after consuming acidic meals. Because it might compromise tooth enamel, you should wait 30 minutes to an hour before brushing after consuming meals like oranges or sports drinks.
- Do not use excessive toothpaste. The foam produced by toothpaste might obscure the visibility of plaque and Kinder particles. Start brushing your teeth with a moist toothbrush, which will allow you to clean around and between the brackets and wires. Use a precise plucking motion instead of scraping. Then, apply a grain’s worth of toothpaste and continue brushing.
- Please brush your teeth for two minutes. Spend 30 seconds on each section of your mouth: the upper right, the lower right, the upper left, and the lower left. Brush the exterior and inner surfaces of your teeth. Use a timer to ensure that you brush for two full minutes.
- Utilize a threader or Waterpik. When wearing braces, flossing is one of the most demanding aspects of oral hygiene. Attaching floss to a threader will facilitate its passage through the wire. Use a sawing motion to remove further plaque. Consider getting a water flosser as well. It cleans with a stream of water, and flossing is quick and simple.
- Mouthwash should be used at night. Look for a fluoride mouthwash with anti-caries and enamel-protecting properties. One minute of rinsing will help remove any lingering Kinder Bueno particles. After rinsing, examine the mirror for any missed spots.
Kinder Bueno is absolutely okay to eat with your braces on, as long as you clean your teeth and braces afterwards. Use the tips mentioned above to prevent plague formation.