If you or a loved one has just got braces, it is natural to want to know if you can eat certain foods.
and that brings us to today’s question:
Can you eat kebab with braces
Yes, you can eat kebab with braces as long as it is soft and easy to chew. The kebab particles will lodge themselves at the brackets and wire of your braces. But it is generally easy to clean this off as kebabs are not really sticky.
Here are a few things you can do to keep your braces clean after consuming kebabs.
Tips for cleaning your braces after eating kebabs
Brace brackets increase the risk of plaque formation because they gather kebab particles that slowly decay and cause your breath to smell.
Plaque may discolor teeth and erode tooth enamel. Follow these guidelines to maintain your teeth in good condition after consuming kebabs.
- Use a gentle toothbrush. It is critical to clean the upper section of your teeth between your brackets and gums. To clean the enamel correctly, the toothbrush bristles must contact the gums. Choose a brush with softer bristles to prevent irritating them, and slant the meeting toward the gums.
- Brush your teeth after each meal. Brace wires collect food and kebab particles, and cleaning often helps to avoid plaque. We recommend bringing a travel toothbrush with you. If you don’t have one, then rinse for 30 seconds with water. Brushing after eating acidic meals is an exception. After consuming foods like oranges or sports drinks, brushing your teeth within 30 minutes to an hour might weaken tooth enamel.
- Use only a small amount of toothpaste. Toothpaste foam might make it more difficult to notice kebab particles and dirt. Begin cleaning your teeth with a moist toothbrush to clean around the brackets and between the wires. Rather than scraping, employ a precise picking motion. Then, continue scrubbing with a pea-sized quantity of toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth for two minutes. Spend 30 seconds on each of the four corners of the mouth: upper right, lower right, upper left, and lower left. Clean both the outside and inside of your teeth. Set a timer to ensure that you brush for at least two minutes.
- Make use of a floss threader or a Waterpik. Flossing is one of the most difficult aspects of braces dental care. Tying floss to a threader makes guiding it through the wire simpler. To remove more plaque, use a sawing motion. Consider obtaining a Waterpik water flosser as well. It flosses quickly and easily and cleans with a spray of water. A Waterpik is a great tool to remove leftover kebab particles hidden from your view.
- At night, rinse your mouth with mouthwash. Look for a fluoride mouthwash that is anti-cavity and protects the enamel. A one-minute rinse can help remove any leftover particles. Check the mirror for any missed spots once you’ve rinsed.
Enjoy eating kebabs with your braces, but be sure to clean your mouth afterward with the tips mentioned above.