Knowing what you can and cannot eat while you have braces is important for a successful and pleasant experience with your braces. You might be wondering can I eat English muffins with braces?
Which is a fair question to ask. It seems like a harmless food. This article will discuss whether or not English muffins are ok to eat with braces and provide guidance on how to clean your teeth with braces.
Can you eat English muffins with braces?
Yes, you can eat English muffins with braces because they are usually quite soft. The soft texture ensures it doesn’t damage or misalign your braces which makes it a good choice to eat when you have braces on. The tips mentioned in the next section will ensure your braces remain clean during your entire journey with braces on.
Tips to keep your braces and teeth clean after eating English muffins
The usage of braces will result in a lovely smile; nevertheless, it is just as essential to preserve that smile’s health after your treatment is complete.
Having braces increases the chance of plaque accumulation because the wires and brackets of the braces collect food particles and develop a layer all around the outside of the teeth, making it even more challenging to clean your teeth.
Plaque may cause the teeth to become discolored and may also harm the enamel of the teeth. If you desire to keep your teeth in great shape for as long as possible, consider following these tips:
• Ensure that you clean your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush. It would be beneficial if you routinely clean the part of your teeth located below your gums and beyond the brackets on your teeth.
Choose to use a toothbrush with soft bristles to avoid irritating the gums, and then angle the brush bristles so that they are towards the gums as you clean your teeth. This will remove any English muffin particles stuck to your braces’ brackets.
• Brush your teeth after every meal. The brace wires trap muffin particles, and frequent brushing can help avoid plaque from accumulating on the teeth.
You must bring a travel toothbrush, and we cannot emphasize this point enough. If you do not have access to one, you should thoroughly rinse for about 30 seconds.
The one exception to this guideline is making sure you brush your teeth after eating high in acid foods.
After drinking acidic foods or beverages, brushing your teeth too quickly might cause tooth enamel to become more sensitive.
• Use only a small amount of toothpaste. The foam formed when toothpaste is used may make it even more challenging to notice plaque and muffin particles accumulated on the teeth.
Make sure that your toothbrush is damp before brushing your teeth for the first time. It will be much simpler to touch all around brackets and in between the wires. Instead of scrubbing the surface, employ a precise plucking motion to remove the dust and English muffin particles.
After that, keep washing with the quantity of toothpaste around the size of a pea that you just added.
• Brush for two minutes at a minimum. Spend one-minute paying attention to each and every part of your mouth, working your way from the top right to the lower right, then to the upper left, and finally to the lower left.
It is critical to clean the surfaces of your teeth, both on the inside and the exterior. Establishing a timer can help you clean your teeth for the whole two minutes.
• Use a floss threader or a Waterpik. When you have orthodontic work done on your teeth, flossing can be one of the most challenging components of maintaining good oral hygiene. If you attach floss to a threader, you will notice that it is considerably easier to thread the floss through the wire.
Make sawing motions with your tool to clear even more plaque by moving it back and forth. In addition to that, you should really consider buying a Waterpik water flosser.
It is a speedy and uncomplicated way to floss, and it cleans your teeth by directing a moving stream of water through your mouth while it works and it will ensure to remove any loose muffin particles.
• Rinse your mouth thoroughly with mouthwash before going to bed. Buy a mouthwash that contains fluoride and has anti-cavity properties. This will help reduce the amount of tooth decay and protect the enamel.
If the material is still present after washing for one minute, it will be simpler to remove. After you have completed rinsing, examine your look in the mirror to ensure that you have not missed any spots and that no English muffin particles are left behind.
Having English muffins with braces is okay so long as your clean your braces with the tips mentioned in this article.
Because you paid attention to the advice provided in this article and received first-rate attention from the orthodontics faculty at the Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics, not only will you have straight teeth when your treatment with braces is complete, but your teeth will also be clean, glossy, and spotless.