Most people having braces on their teeth worry particularly about the foods they can and cannot eat while having their braces. The question here is about cinnamon rolls, can you eat cinnamon rolls with braces? It is unquestionably vital to know that you cannot eat everything carelessly with braces, and what is even more vital is that you must take care of your teeth after eating things like cinnamon rolls and other sweet candies.
In this article, we are going to see if it is possible to eat cinnamon rolls with braces. Shortly thereafter, we will see how to clean out teeth after eating this sweet roll.
Can You Eat Cinnamon Rolls with Braces?
No. Cinnamon rolls are extremely bad even for regular teeth, let alone teeth with braces. Cinnamon rolls are hard to chew, and they can potentially harm your braces if eaten carelessly.
The other bad thing regarding cinnamon rolls is that they usually come with caramel. It is a sweet and highly chewy type of candy which is the last thing to mix well with braces. Caramel is extremely tough to remove from your teeth, and if you have braces, it is even tougher. The worst thing about caramel is that it easily sticks to your teeth and results in bad breath and plaque. It gets lodged between your teeth, gums, and braces, leading to a disaster in cleaning your teeth afterward.
How to Clean Your Teeth with Braces
Many people face the challenge of cleaning their teeth with braces after eating cinnamon rolls. Choosing a proper toothbrush and thoroughly brushing your teeth and around your braces can lead to a set of clean, healthy teeth – and braces. To do so, you can follow these steps:
- Pick a special toothbrush for your braces: you can get a regular brush with soft bristles. Make sure that it can fit your mouth well and reach all corners of your mouth. Additionally, you can purchase a “Proxabrush” to increase efficiency. Also, remember to change your brush once every 3-4 months.
- Make your brush ready: when you are done eating your cinnamon rolls, make your brush wet, and put a little amount of toothpaste on it. You can use fluoride toothpaste to strengthen your teeth and remove plaque. Fluoride can also decrease your teeth sensitivity.
- Brush all four corners of your mouth: try to brush every corner of your mouth to remove the stuck cinnamon roll efficiently. Also, make sure to brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth too. Keep your brush at a 45-degree angle and gently brush all areas in between your braces, which is where plaque is highly possible to build.
- Use your Proxabrush: if you feel like your regular brushing has not been effective enough, consider using a Proxabrush to effectively clean the zones between your brackets.
- Floss your teeth: flossing your teeth is not less important than brushing them. Once you eat cinnamon rolls, debris can accumulate between your braces with ease and only flossing can remove them effectively.
- Use an antiseptic mouth rinse: do not forget to use a mouthwash after following all the prementioned steps for maximum removal of cinnamon roll debris. A mouthwash is undoubtedly able to reduce the plaque and remove the cinnamon roll particles completely after brushing and flossing your teeth.
As you read above, it is highly advised not to eat cinnamon rolls with braces as they might harm your teeth and braces. Cinnamon rolls are tough to chew and if they come with caramel, the issue is even worse. Caramel can easily stick to your teeth and braces and are extremely tough to remove and clean.
Despite that, there are useful steps to pass after eating cinnamon rolls to thoroughly clean your teeth. You can purchase a soft brush specifically for your braces, brush your teeth and braces meticulously, floss them then, and use an antiseptic mouthwash for maximum removal of cinnamon roll debris.